onsdag den 29. juli 2009

Copying Chuckies

I've had some time on my hands lately, and thus this copycat post on Chuck from Pushing Daisies is already done.
I love the brightcoloured universe in the series and Chuck's wardrobe stands out in my opinion. Her style is very vintage inspired and many decades are covered during the first and second season going from the 40s to the 70s. I particularly like the full skirts and cardigans in her 50s outfits and I've tried to match them below (Took pictures of my tv, as I could not find good pictures of the dresses online).
First is a red and white dress from the very first episode:

I've had this dress for years and years. It was a bestseller when I worked in the Monsoon shop and at first I missed out on it, but luckily a lady returned one in my size:-) I've had it on on every holiday.

The second Chuck outfit is one of my most favorite ones (I'm a sucker for cardigans and the pink colour palette):

I just had to make two copy outfits for this one.

The lightpink one is a dress I bought in Shanghai on sale in a department store (cheap), the shoes are from a fleamarket I went to last weekend.

The hot pink outfit is a very old silk dress bought in HM 12 years ago I guess and an embellished cardigan from Day (one of my favorite Danish brands) bought in a commision shop some years ago. The belt is thrifted and the shoes are a souvenir from the Seychelles (or as I call it: Paradise on Earth).

Third and last in this round:

I love the green dress Chuck has on here, and though my copycat dress is not in the same style, the idea of the bottle green colour and the full skirt is somewhat the same. This is another Monsoon dress from my happy days in the shop, the belt is thrifted and the gold shoes are from a commision shop.

It has been fun trying to match Chucks outfits, and I now have a newfound fondness of my colourful wardrobe. If you come by my blog and want to comment on my attempt, feel free to do so...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar